The Corset trend which is extremely big this season is one of these trends that are particularly tricky to wear. If not styled correctly it can look really cheap and tacky.
Corsets worn under a masculine and oversized jacket could look great and very sexy but I prefer to wear it over a top. I was very glad to see that so many designers and high street brands are now adding corset details to shirts or t-shirts making it even easier to wear this trend.
This trend is all about being a little bit scruffy, a little bit unravelled, so opt for a baggier style of tee, and pull-in with a laced corset or save yourself time with a corset already attached. This is why I was attracted to this shirt, it’s a very easy way to introduce corset trend to your wardrobe.
Laces added a touch of femininity to overall quite masculine silhouette – a modern twist to an oversized shirt. And on those nothing-to-wear mornings a classic button-down is a saviour – it is a true classic that never goes out of style.
Where to wear it?
This is my every day casual outfit which is perfect for running errands or meeting friends on weekends. I love this slightly androgynous look with a luxurious edge. The shirt instantly makes your outfit a little more elevated.
Photos by Marcel Herciu Photography
These are the styling tips you should keep in mind if you want to wear the corset trend:
- pay attention to structure – balance a tight corset with boyfriend cut pants
- always layer the corset with oversized coats or jackets
- avoid too dolled up looks, instead opt for messy long hair and minimum make-up
- wear them with high waisted jeans
- lingerie inspired corsets should be worn only underneath oversized jackets or see-through sweaters
- keep the overall look simple
My Favourite T-Shirts With Corset Detailing
Photos by Martin Dyhouse
Thank you so much for reading!